Maximum Printing Resolution 4800 (horizontal)*1 x 1200 (vertical) dpi
Print Head / Ink Number of Nozzles: Total 1,472 nozzles
Ink Bottles GI-790 (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
Print Speed*2 Based on ISO / IEC 24734 Measurement Conditions
- Document: Col ESAT / Simplex Approx. 5.0 ipm
- Document: B / W ESAT / Simplex Approx. 8.8 ipm
- Document: Col FPOT Ready/Simplex Approx. 17 sec
- Document: B / W FPOT Ready/Simplex Approx. 11 sec
- Document: Col FPOT Sleep/Simplex Approx. 21 sec
- Document: B / W FPOT Sleep/Simplex Approx. 14 sec
- Photo (4 x 6") PP-201 / Borderless Approx. 60 sec
- Bordered: Up to 203.2 mm (8 inch)
- Borderless: Up to 216 mm (8.5 inch)
- Borderless Printing*3 Top / Bottom / Right / Left margin: each 0 mm (Supported Paper Size: A4 / Letter / 4 x 6" / 5 x 7" / 8 x 10" / Square (5 x 5") / Business Card)
- Bordered Printing Top margin: 3 mm,
Bottom margin: 5 mm,
Left / Right margin: each 3.4 mm
(Letter / Legal: Left: 6.4 mm, Right: 6.3 mm)
Recommended Printing Area
- Top margin: 31.2 mm
- Bottom margin: 32.5 mm
- A4, A5, B5, Letter, Legal, 4 x 6", 5 x 7", 8x 10", Envelopes (DL, COM10), Square (5 x 5"), Business Card, Custom size (width 55 - 215.9 mm, length 89 - 676 mm)
Paper Handling (Rear Tray)
(Maximum Number) Plain Paper A4, A5, B5, Letter = 100, Legal = 10
- High Resolution Paper (HR-101N) A4, Letter = 80
- Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201) A4, Letter = 10, 4 x 6" = 20, 5 x 7", 8 x 10" = 10, Square (5 x 5") = 20
- Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss (SG-201) A4, Letter = 10, 4 x 6" = 20, 5 x 7", 8 x 10" = 10
- Matte Photo Paper (MP-101) A4, Letter = 10, 4 x 6" = 20
- Envelope European DL / US Com. #10 = 10
- Glossy Photo Paper "Everyday Use" (GP-508) A4 = 10, 4 x 6" = 20
- Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-208) A4, 4 x 6" = 10
- Photo Sticker PS-108, PS-308R, PS-208, PS-808 = 1
Paper Weight Rear Tray Plain Paper: 64 - 105 g/m2, Canon specialty paper: max paper weight: approx. 275 g/m2 Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)
Ink End Sensor Dot count
Print Head Alignment Manual
Scanner Type Flatbed
Scanning Method CIS (Contact Image Sensor)
Optical Resolution*5 600 x 1200 dpi
Scanning Bit Depth (Input / Output)
- Grayscale: 16 / 8-bit
- Colour: 48 / 24-bit (RGB each 16 / 8-bit)
Line Scanning Speed*6
- Grayscale: 1.5 ms/line (300 dpi)
- Colour: 3.5 ms/line (300 dpi)
- A4 Colour / 300 dpi Approx. 19 sec
Maximum Document Size Flatbed: A4 / Letter (216 x 297 mm)
Maximum Document Size A4 / Letter (216 x 297 mm)
Compatible Media Size: A4, Letter
Type: Plain Paper
Image Quality Plain Paper: Fast, Standard
Based on ISO / IEC 24734.
sFCOT / Simplex Approx. 32 sec
sESAT / Simplex Approx. 1.7 ipm
Multiple Copy Black / Colour: 1 - 20 pages
- Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1
- Macintosh: Mac OS is not supported
Operation Panel Display LCD (1.2 inch segment mono)
Interface USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
Paper Output Tray A4, Letter = 50, Legal = 10
Operating Environment*9 Temperature: 5 - 35°C
Humidity: 10 - 90% RH (no dew condensation)
Recommended Environment*10 Temperature: 15 - 30°C
Humidity: 10 - 80% RH (no dew condensation)
Storage Environment Temperature: 0 - 40°C
Humidity: 5 - 95% RH (no dew condensation)
Quiet Mode Available
Acoustic Noise (PC Print)*11 Plain Paper (A4, B/W) Approx. 53.5 dB(A)
Power AC 100 - 240 V; 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption Connection to PC USB
OFF: Approx. 0.2 W
Standby (scanning lamp is off):
(USB connection to PC) Approx. 0.6 W
Standby (all ports connected, scanning lamp is off) Approx. 0.6 W
Copying*12: G2010 Approx. 9 W
Environment Regulation: RoHS (EU, China), WEEE (EU)
Dimension (W x D x H) Factory configuration Approx. 445 x 330 x 135 mm
Output / ADF trays extended Approx. 445 x 533 x 260 mm
Approx. 6.3 kg
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
*1 Ink droplets can be placed with a pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
*2 Document print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO / IEC 24734.
Photo print speed is based on the default setting using ISO / JIS-SCID N2 on Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and does not take into account data processing time on host computer.
Print speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc.
*3 Paper types NOT supported for borderless printing are as follows: Envelope, High Resolution Paper, T-Shirt Transfer, Photo Stickers.
*4 TWAIN driver ?ScanGear? is based on the TWAIN specification V1.9 and requires the Data Source Manager comes with the operating system.
*5 Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
*6 The fastest speed in Hi-Speed USB on Windows PC. Transfer time to computer is not included.
*7 Colour document scan speed is measured with ISO / IEC 29735 Target A.
Scan speed indicates the time measured between pressing the scan button of the scanner driver and the on-screen status display turns off.
Scan speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, scan mode settings and document size etc.
*8 Copy speeds are the average of sFCOT and sESAT, ISO / IEC 29183.
Copy speed may vary depending on document complexity, copy mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc. and does not take into account warm up time.
*9 The performance of the printer may be reduced under certain temperature and humidity conditions.
*10 For the temperature and humidity conditions of papers such as photo paper, refer to the paper's packaging or the supplied instructions.
*11 Acoustic Noise is measured based on ISO 7779 standard.
*12 Copy:When copying ISO / JIS-SCID N2 (printed by inkjet printer) on A4 size plain paper using default settings.